Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pokemon '09 Regionals in Utah

Me and some friends drove from Denver to Utah for the 2009 Regionals tournament on friday morning. It was hell because we woke up only to see the route we were going to take was closed due to snow. After about an hour delay we decided to take I-70 west and just go slow and hoped for the best. We almost got stuck a couple times because of people in front of us just stopped for whatever reason but we managed and after the Eisenhower tunnel, it was smooth sailing and the snow was a thing of the past. The tournament was saturday morning and the staff pulled some strings to make it a top 16 finals which was awesome. I was kinda nervous because I feel like I had to do quite well coming off the States win in New Mexico. My first match was how I wish my whole day went, I sat down and won in 2 turns, it was pretty cool finishing so easily and fast, however the rest of the day went bad. The 2nd game I played a friend and ended up misplaying a couple times which I feel cost me the game, 3rd game I played this guy no one likes and he got a god set-up to my junk set-up, 1-2. At this point I'm frustrated and mad because I need a flawless rest of the day and some help to make top cut. 4th game I play a friend Mike from frisco, he's always a nice guy but can never seem to win against me, I thought the way the day was going it was today but it wasn't 2-2. 5th game I won in 3 turns 3-2, so I need to win and hope for some help. 6th game, I play this girl running a deck I should run over easily HOWEVER, she gets a god set-up and ends up winning, 3-3 how gay. I lost like 50 points overall so that didnt help, ace, jery, and kevin all made top cut. Ace and Jery had to play each other so that sucked, then Kevin and Ace made top 8 but lost. Oh well, hopefully Nationals will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment