Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ft. Collins BR

We drove like an hour out to go to the FT. Collins Battle Roads and more players showed up than we expected, mainly the competitive ones that we usually see. I didn't know if I was judging or playing but I brought my Deck/List just in case. I was anxious to try my new GardeGar deck as it had been doing really good during playtest. Ends up I was playing and 1st round the CPU gave me a bye....I was pissed cuz that meant I most likely had to go undefeated the rest of the tourney to get into top 4 finals. I played Chris 2nd round and it looked like he was going to win as he took 5 quick prizes, then I stopped putting down pokemon and just had my Mewtwo X out, he had no counter so it was pretty much game over. 2-0. Next played Ryan w/ his Flygon/Machamp, he had a decent start but couldn't draw into a supporter to help him out, I ended up winning. 3-0. Next played James w/ his Palkia/Gengar, it was a close match but I feel like I would have won had both my Gastly's not been prized. 3-1. Last played Daniel w/ Palkia, his only counter for mewtwo was Dialga which was way too slow for a 2-2 mewtwo and I ended up winning 4-1. Ends up me AND Kevin made top cut but unfortunatley had to play each other. Top cut against Kevin the Mime really jacked him up as I used it to stall a little bit then K.O. things w/ garde and gengar. Finals against James, same deck that I should have beat and I did...twice, mewtwo kinda messed up his palkia and i used my own gengar to get by his. He misplayed at the end of the 2nd game when he attached to his benched gastly instead of gengar to poltergiest. 6-1 and another Victory Medal, yay I kept my streak going of winning a BR for each season lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment