Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nationals 2009

Well it was the big day, and I was pretty excited for it as we were all playing Palkia Lock. When it was getting started I was nervous as hell and I went to sit across from my first opponent and he didn't seem like he was that competitive from a little chat with him. However, when it was all started and rolling, I had probably the worst game of my life w/ palkia and he ended up winning. I was quite upset. Round 2 I sat across from a nice girl from Kentucky and we talked for a little before the start, ends up my deck made up for the first game as I donked her lone Horsea. Round 3 I played against another person from Kentucky, except this player was running Luxray GL w/ sunnyshore. He was able to get the stadium out within the first 5 turns rendering my croak useless. I started making a comeback when I k.o. his luxray X and benched luxray, however about a minute later time was called and I couldn't get a K.O. to tie prizes. 1-2 At this point I need a huge turn around or else I'm done for. Round 4 played what seemed like he was only there because of family or something as he was running Mightyena Toxitank. I played smart and was able to win fairly easy. 2-2. Round 5 I'm playing yet another Kentucky player lol, he was running flygon but I power locked so bad that he wasn't able to do anything and I won easily. 3-2. Round 6, playing a guy with flygon again, and the same story, power lock from the start where he couldn't do anything and I won. 4-2. Round 7 I'm playing a guy with Legos and he had a really good start, I was able to put up a fight between Palkia and Raichu but in the end I couldn't pull it off. 4-3 Round 8 playing a guy with Machamp. I played the match flawlessly as a lot of people were watching behind me, the only prizes he took were because I sacrificed them. 5-3. As the standings went up I didn't really get up to look because I knew I didn't make it, and I didn't lol. What a terrible day. On the other hand, all of Colorado did excellent as Daniel and Ian went Undefeated in both flights. Ian, Bret, Adrian, Daniel, Ryan, Kevin all made top cut. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best at the grinders...if it's even worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment