Friday, June 26, 2009

Professor Cup '09

Today was the 2009 Professor Cup and I was able to participate in it because I earned enough points throughout the year. I had to wait about 20 minutes in line to register for it and then waited another 20-30 mins for it to start up. On the other side of the room they had a huge modified tournament going on. We all sat down and was handed our 8 packs, then they handed out a pack of sleeves for the professors only. These sleeves are awesome, they're black with a white professor symbol on them. We proceeded to open our packs and do the draft. I had the worst luck ever drafting or the other guy had the best luck ever. Not only was he able to get usable cards for the tourney, he also was able to get the "good" cards like luxray GL and a full flygon line including the Lv. X. I was pretty upset as I had to resort to an Infernape 4/Leafeon Glaceon deck. I lost the first, won the second, lost the third, and decided to drop. I should have planned better for the cup by reading up on all the available cards in the set and several different strategies. Oh well, theres always next year hopefully

No comments:

Post a Comment